Ro-Ro Shipping Rates, Prices, Terms And Conditions
RORO & CONTAINER SHIPPING SERVICES | GET A SHIPPING COST
& CUSTOMS BROKER
Typical car shipping cost to Europe and West Africa starts from $895 and runs around $2,000 when you are shipping bigger vehicles.
If you are shipping a car to Australia shipping costs is around $2950. To find out an exact price in your case, please fill out the quote form.
Whether you ship a car, a truck, a bus or heavy construction machinery (excavators, tractors & trailers) inside the container or via RoRo ship our staff can take care of the whole shipping process.
We look forward to hearing from you - please contact our office for an exact shipping cost. We hope you use us next time you want to ship a car overseas.
General Terms And Conditions of International Ro-Ro Shipping
1. IMPORTANT: International shipping rates ro-ro, in roro carrier's booking confirmations offered at a time of booking, are based on information provided by shipper. Cargo (vehicles) will be verified at a time of submitting to the ro-ro carrier's pier. Ro-ro Carrier's final invoice will be based on actual type of cargo (vehicle) submitted to the ro-ro shipment and its w/m (weight/measurement) verification.
2. RO-RO PORT & THC (Terminal Handling Charges): Sipper is responsible to pay all applicable Port & THC at a time of submitting vehicle(s) to the ro-ro carrier's pier. If Port & THC paid by us on behalf of shipper then these charges will be included in our final ocean freight invoice.
3. DESTINATION CHARGES: All destination charges (i.e. taxes and duties, customs, port and carrier's destination agent charges, storage, demurrage if any etc) collect for account of consignee (importer of records).
4. U.S. CUSTOMS: SED – U.S. Shipper's Export Declaration. In order to file SED (Shippers Export Declaration), AES ITN and XTN should be provided by roro shipper in advance. Otherwise we may file SED on behalf of ro-ro shippers. In order to complete SED in AES on behalf of roro shipper, consigner's Tax ID (IEN) that corresponds with the consigner's name, street address and phone number may required. Schedule B code 8703230090 may be declared on all used cars unless specified by shipper in advance.
5. INSURANCE: We can obtain CNA insurance certificate issued to consignee's (recipient's) name.
Notice: If you need us to get an insurance certificate to a consigner's (ro-ro shipper's) name, then it must be specified separately in email.
In case of claim, claims for insurance will be processed by CNA's Claim Settling Agent located in the country of destination. Complete contact info of CNA's Claim Settling Agent is available in the insurance certificate. If vehicle(s) are not insured then all claims are to be directed to the ro-ro steamship line used on the roro shipment.
Typical insurance rates on vehicles shipped roro (up to $500 deductible per vehicle):
- Vehicles with insured value up to $25,000 -- 1.5% @ value declared.
- Vehicles with insured value up to $50,000 -- 1.3% @ value declared.
- Vehicles with insured value above $50,000 -- 1.1% @ value declared.
Notice: Insurance rates on ro-ro vehicles shipments may vary and must be re-confirmed at a time of booking.
6. TAKING YOUR TITLE(S) BACK:
After passing U.S. Customs title(s) can be mailed to the consigner or consignee for the following S&H fees:
- Domestic U.S. 1st class mail is free.
- Expedited domestic mail $40.
- Expedited international mail $75.
Before we will mail titles we may ask shipper to reconfirm recipient's name, address and phone# and pay S&H (if required) in advance.
IN ORDER TO AVOID MISUNDERSTANDINGS WE DO NOT PROVIDE INTERNATIONAL RO-RO RATES QUOTATIONS OVER THE PHONE.
Our Prices Are Industry Leading
Sims, Waters & Associates is licensed and bonded. International freight forwarder since 1987. Our staff has over a hundred years of combined experience in the international freight shipping industry. Get a quick shipping quote now. It's fast and easy!
GET A QUICK FREE QUOTE
LATEST BLOG POSTS
- How to ship a car overseas?
POSTED: December 17, 2018
The first step to consider when shipping a car overseas is choosing a shipping method. You can ship your car across the oceans by choosing a method that suits your budget and requirements, with the most commonly sought options being RORO and container shipping methods.
CONTINUE READING: How to ship a car overseas
- Do I need cargo insurance?
POSTED: JUNE 7, 2018
Generally, the steamship lines do not carry cargo insurance, and by Federal Maritime Law (FMC regulations) are not liable for more than $500 per vehicle.
CONTINUE READING: Should I insure my cargo?
- How to buy a car online and ship it to Europe
POSTED: MARCH 13, 2018
Buying a car can be very bothersome. After the hassle of buying a car in the US and shipping it to Europe can also give you trouble. This blog will be able to help you with the entire process of, buying a car in the US and shipping to Europe, from start to finish.
CONTINUE READING: How to buy a car online and ship it to Europe
OLDER POSTS: View All